Sunday, April 10, 2011

109 Cans

Everyone who knows me knows how I love a good deal & love to use coupons. Well I have Jackson on board too. I am not as crazy as some coupon lovers but I do buy in bulk but I don't stockpile to the point it's pushing me out of my house. I give all the excess to the food bank. Well Jackson asked me all about the food bank & on his own he decided he wanted to collect for the food bank. I told him what a great idea and he needed to set a goal. He came up with 109 cans of food. Don't ask where that number came from because I have no idea but that is his goal.

On Friday we took his first load to the food bank. I wanted him to be able to go so he can see where the food goes & who he is helping. He had 27 cans (or anything that was donated) which totaled 41 pounds of food. (we weighed Jackson & he weighed 42 pounds) They gave him a receipt for his donation & told him thanks. So he still has a way to go to get to that 109 goal.

I am so proud of you Jackson!! You have such a huge heart!!!


Jackson with his 1st donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment